A short film about Snoop Dogg's murder trial called Murder Was the Case, was released in 1994, along with an accompanying soundtrack. However, by the time Snoop Dogg's second album, Tha Doggfather, was released in November 1996, the price of living (or sometimes just imitating) the "gangsta" life had become very evident. Among the many notable rap industry deaths and convictions were the death of Snoop Dogg's friend and label-mate Tupac Shakur and the racketeering indictment of Death Row co-founder Suge Knight. Dr. Dre had left Death Row earlier in 1996 due to a contract dispute, so Snoop Dogg co-produced Tha Doggfather with Daz Dillinger and DJ Pooh.
1. Murder Was the Case - Snoop Doggy Dogg (remix)
2. Natural Born Killaz - Dr. Dre/Ice Cube
3. What Would U Do? - Tha Dogg Pound
4. 21 Jumpstreet - Snoop Doggy Dogg/Tray Deee
5. One More Day - Nate Dogg
6. Harvest For the World - Jewell
7. Who Got Some Gangsta Shit? - Snoop Doggy Dogg/Tha Dogg Pound/Lil' Style/Young Swoop
8. Come When I Call - Danny Boy
9. U Better Recognize - Sam Sneed/Dr. Dre
10. Come up to My Room - Jodeci/Tha Dogg Pound
11. Woman to Woman - Jewell 12. Dollars & Sense - D.J. Quik
13. Eulogy, The - Slip Capone/C.P.O.
14. Horny - B. Rezell
15. Eastside-Westside - Young Soldierz